Tuesday 2 December 2014

Here Is A Bit Of Fun,

many years ago I travelled to Riga,


the capitol of Latvia, whilst there as with most places I visit,

 I always look around local markets and secondhand shops, it just so happened that there were so many shops selling ex Russian military and Soviet items that I bought a few watches,

and continued buying the occasional watch from Russia and the Ukraine over the years, well this is one of them, a Molnija, the company is more famously known for it's pocket watches, but produced many watches for special orders to both military and civilian departments, on my one the inscription reads, General Staff of USSR Defence Ministry, it is of course a mechanical watch, so like all of my other Russian and Soviet watches needs winding every day, and yes I know it only appears to have one big hand, that is the minuet hand, the smaller dial is the hour and the smallest dial is the seconds, not to everyones taste, but I like it and have yet to see anyone else wearing one.


No comments: