Saturday 2 January 2016

I Had A Quiet Day,

but in the evening I was off to Tesco,


 I had bought 2 packs of 3 underpants at Tesco, not sure how the sizes were I went for the size L at 199 baht a pack, using the first of them I realised my error, they were, ahem, tight, so back I went to the same part of the store and bought 2 packs of XL where the price had since my last visit gone down to 99 baht a pack, on to my next stop the Thepprasit Road for the weekend night market,

 looking towards Jomtien hardly a cloud in the sky,

 the new building in the distance not yet finished,

 looking inland clear blue skies,

 I was deliberately early this evening, I wanted to pay my 3BB bill as we will not be here when it arrives, although the office is open till late they will not take money after 5.00 in the evening, 

 opposite the bar this evening a 50 and 80 baht clothes stall,

 the monkey shake up and running,  

 as were the food stalls,

 but being early the pet section was still quiet,

 sunset over the market,

 and a rainbow of colours in the sunlight,

 I arrived at the bar, one of the ice cream sellers going past,

 where I meet up with Cher and Jim,

 Brian arrived a tad later,

 we heard then saw the disco truck from Hollywood Disco as it roared past the bar,

 next stop the Punch and Judy, 

 where I was joined by Jim and Cher, fish and chips for Cher bangers and mash for Jim,

 and myself,

 'Cheers!', the good news was that asking one of the staff if a taxi was available in no time one was waiting outside, so saying our farewells we left for our homes,

 I should of mentioned as we left the market the owner of the bar called over and gave Cher and myself an umbrella and wished us a happy Christmas and New Year, also she gave me some mangoes to snack on delicious, 

arriving home I watched Equilibrium, we had watched it some time ago, this is what I wrote then, 'borrowing very heavily from 1984, a little, like the dodging bullets and gunfight scenes from Matrix and add a touch of Blade Runner and you have Equilibrium, apart from a few special effects and a couple of twist in the story it was an average sci-fi movie', next a few from Judge Judy and I was off to bed.


No comments: