Friday, 6 May 2016

In The Morning,

we were off to see our accountant,

 Robert at his company,

 in Station Approach Hayes,

 after a successful meeting we adjured to Regans, the New Inn,

  for lunch,

 it appeared empty, but nearly every table was taken,

Diana chose chicken and leek pie,

 a steak for myself,

 also there was from left to right Jill, Nigel and the man himself Robert, we chatted the hours away,

 later arriving at Bromley South train station,

 we then went shopping in the Glades, well Diana did, I had a coffee in Joe's Kitchen,

 and nice it was too,

 we then walked towards market square,

passing a few food stalls

 we were going to see Danny at his jewellery shop Daniel's of Bromley in the square, but we picked a day when he was still on holiday abroad, so we will call back the next time we are in Bromley,

in the afternoon it was catch up on our blog, then in the evening a company dinner at La Rascassa in Beckenham High Street,

from left to right Graham, Lee and his wife Sue,

 on to the starters, pheasant breast, butternut squash gnocchi, crispy pancetta & cèpe sauce for Diana,

mussels for Lee and roasted scallops, crispy potato, confit chorizo, mozzarella & basil velouté for Sue, 

then mine arrived, the starter menu stated whole fresh Cornish crab, it was the biggest crab any of us had seen in our lives, even the staff said it was the biggest one they had ever seen, it truly would have been a main course,

 we were all amazed,

 looking at the pictures they do not really convey how big it was, and that was just a starter, Graham declined a starter,

 so then on to the main courses, bacon spinach wrapped monkfish, mulled wine sauce, truffle mash & pan-fried greens for Diana,

wild sea-bass, sweet potato purée, baby artichokes, mustard croquette, red pepper essence for Sue, a steak for Graham,

 Lee and myself shared a Chateaubriand with creamed Madeira sauce, the whole meal was just excellent, we chatted the evening away, helped by a complimentary round of drinks from the restaurant, by the time we arrived home it was well past midnight, with that we were off to bed.

No comments: