Saturday 13 October 2018

Other Than A Bit Of Thunder,

in the distance, 


 not a lot happened in the day, but in the evening we were out, to drop off the umbrella we had borrowed from the bar in the market last friday, as it was chucking it down,

 so we were on the baht bus,

 and off to the weekend night market on Theprisitt Road,

 looking along the stalls,

 there were rain awnings,

 going up everywhere,

 looking towards Jomtien the sky heavy with clouds,


the same looking inand,

 the toy stall not yet set up, 

 I made my way to the bar, behind which,

 a stall selling shorts and another selling hair products, like elastic bands and clips,

 and then I spotted it,

 some work had been started on a sun/rain cover for the escalators,

 the fruit stall was up and running, but no sign of the wicker shop,

 I had a look under the car park,

 at some of the food stalls,

 we will be having not ribs, but some of the honey roast chicken this evening, 

 more chicken,


the inside restaurant getting ready for business,


and then I noticed this seafood stall,

 selling king crabs, which having both tried them, we decided were not to our taste at all, 

 but these were, we shall be having some roast duck for our evening meal,

 I arrived at the pet section,

 and took a photograph of the stock in one of the shops,

 and the ever smiling owner of the aquatic store,

 sunset, or I should say rainstorm over the market, it was chucking it down,

 I made my way back to the bar,

 taking another look at the work in progres,

 just as I thought it could not rain any harder, 

 it did!

 the sky was getting darker with rain clouds, the thunder and lightning getting closer by the moment,

 the car park drainage system could not cope,

 with water cascading over the edge on to the escalators, 

 and indeed all along the edge of the car park,  

 for the second Friday in a row I was the only customer, trapped by the weather in a bar, what rotten luck,

 well we had to sit it out, so it was dark before I ordered my last beer,

which was fine by me, 

 we arrived fairly dry home as the rain had just about stopped, so roast chicken and duck on the balcony,

 followed by ice cream,

 chocolate flavoured of course!

and curtesy of Jim and Cher, a very nice McCormick Irish coffee liqueur, what a great way to end a meal! we sat on the balcony listening to music until the midnight hour, and then we were off to bed.


No comments: