Wednesday 1 May 2019

A Great Way To Start The Day,

an English breakfast,


 diet starts tomorrow!

 in the afternoon, out for a bit of shopping, it was a pleasant walk through the park,

 shopping over, and back into the park, the wisteria at the entrance,

looking better than ever, in the late afternoon I spent some time measuring upstairs, with a view to buying a few bookcases, going downstairs to look at one of the furniture shops web pages, I then hit a slight snag, I had measured everything in feet and inches, the furniture store had everything in some crazy measurement, CM I think it was, so upstairs again to measure everything in CM, anyway tomorrow we will go upstairs and make a few decisions about what to put up there, today we will only be making one post as we are having an early breakfast and then we will be up to London for the day, but back to today,

 in the late afternoon evening Troy, I know we have watched it before but we wanted to watch it on the big screen, 

we had noticed that Game of Throne was in its 8th series, well we had the first 6 series on Blu-Ray and quite frankly could not remember much about the series to go back to, well at least I could not, so we started at series one, I have to say it was so enjoyable to watch again, I remember the characters but not a lot else, so it was like watching a new series, both Diana and myself enjoyed it so much, hopefully series 7 and 8 will be out on Blu-Ray just as we finish series 6, it was a pity the midnight hour approached so fast or we would have watched another one, and with that we were off to bed.


2 comments:

Jil Wrinkle said...

I read the Game of Thrones books when they were new. It was frustrating because the period of time between books kept getting longer and larger. Then the HBO show came out and I started watching that... then the story line in the show started wildly deviating from the books until the show and the books were only overlapping here and there. I just kind of stopped watching after the third or fourth season as no further books were being published and the whole show seemed kind of impromptu and at that point. I'll go back and watch it in its entirety eventually, since I've heard nothing but good things about it.

I'm kind of pissed at author George R.R. Martin though because the whole thing was his own creation. He developed this amazing story line on his own, and then pretty much just gave up on it when it got to be too much work to finish, leaving millions of readers (and HBO?) hanging. At least HBO was able to complete the unfinished story

PattayaStan said...

DearJil, I have not read the books,so I guess from our point of view it all makes sense, having no storyline to compare it to, I wonder why he gave up writing? made enough to stop or writers block that became permanent? best regards, Stan and Diana.