Wednesday 7 September 2011

I Think Some One Has Missed The Point On This One,

one of the pleasures of going to the countryside or harbour,




for me is to see the locals at their crafts or work, take Ilfracombe, harbour master Rob Lawson, 'We have the unusual set up of a working harbour which has public access,' for me great, what better than to buy fresh fish as it is landed, but Rob did not recon with David Copp, 46 and his children on a trip to Devon, guess what? David contacted authorities in the port of Ilfracombe to lodge a formal complaint about 12 crates of dead fish and crabs lining the harbour wall, what the hell was that all about, working harbour, dead fish, why the surprise?

Mr Copp said, 'the ship was just sat there not doing anything, and there were 12 crates of dead crabs and fish just lying there covered in flies, he went on: 'my children were quite distressed by it, these people should be a bit more considerate to the holidaymakers'



Ilfracombe harbour master Rob Lawson, replied that 'this is generally considered an asset because visitors can get a really good feel for how the industry works, they can enjoy the whole experience, my response to him was ''I'm sorry but you shouldn't be taking your children to a harbour if that is how they react to dead fish,''' I guess that trips to the fish products at the local supermarket must be out for the Copp family, the butcher section also given a wide berth, but not to be out done Mr. Copp also contacted the local newspaper the North Devon Journal to gain wider exposure for his complaint,

I think I will leave the closing comment to Scott Wharton, 42, who owns The Lady of Lundy trawler which particularly irked Mr Copp gave his response, 'it's pretty obvious this bloke's a bit of an idiot,' I could not have said it better myself, I just wonder what the Copps kids will grow up to complain of when they are adults?

No comments: