Friday 4 October 2019

A Post About A Question Jill Asked,

which was,


'If you have them, I would be interested in seeing a side-by-side comparison of one of your final, color-adjusted infrared photos with a regular-light photo of the exact same scene shot with the exact same camera so that I can see clearly the differences that are achieved using the infrared process', so above is a photograph I took with one of the tadem Lumix cameras, details of them at the end of the post, the above is from the normal camera, with no corrections,

this from the came camera that has been converted to take infrared photographs, the format s known as RW2, which I open in CC 2015,

 color swapped, using Khromagery Faux Action, for some strange reason I can not find the site I downloaded it from, but this site amongst others should help in color swapping,

 a few spots of color added, plus various other options like structure and shadow added in NIK Collection Viveza,

 then increased using CC 2015 and Viveza, 

 changed to black and white, in NIK Collection using Silver Effects Pro 2,

and made to look old, using the same Silver Effects Pro 2,

and the two photographs side by side, I have copied and pasted the bit below from a earlier post on the blog,

 if you are not interested in photography skip this bit, our daily Lumix G8 now joins its converted infrared brother, which I had converted at Protech Photographic a few years ago, and good they were too,

 so normal pictures in one and infrared in the other, note the remotes where the flash would normally be, although it does not look it, both cameras and lenses are exactly the same, just that one had a infrared only sensor in it,

 switched on and ready to go, the camera on the left is the infrared converted one, on the right the normal camera, the reason for the remotes is if you want to take a long exposure and have two cameras taking pictures of the same scene in a different way, in my case one normal and one infrared, it is difficult not to have the cameras suffer from camera shake when touching and pressing both shutter buttons, so as well as the mounting rail, I use both cameras timers to give a 2 second delay in operating, note the difference in colour in the screens, as one camera 'sees' differently to the other, 

 and with a flick of wrist into portrait mode,

 I bought two of these, Oppilas wireless shutter controls, I used the camera end of both of them but I only need to use one of the hand held releases as one controls both cameras,

and here is a brief summary of what the unit can do, for myself all I need them to do is to switch both cameras on as the duration (shutter speed), I will have already set on both cameras, now this is important, if you are going to buy any aftermarket equipment like these, make sure they are made for your camera, as each of the major brands has a different remote cable socket on the camera, if you want see my efforts so far from a few years ago, have a look here at our infrared blog, not to everyone's taste but for myself great fun, Jill I hope that answers your question, if not please let me know.


1 comment:

Jil Wrinkle said...

Thanks for taking the time!