Friday 21 February 2020

With New Telephones Being Rolled Out By The Major Players Every Year,

here is my choice for my next telephone,


 Justine Haupt, a developer of astronomy instrumentation at Brookhaven National Laboratory, spent the last three years developing a device that strips away all of the non-phone functions of modern smartphones, all photographs © Justine Haupt, 

 the Portable Wireless Electronic Digital Rotary Telephone (aka Rotary Cellphone) does not have a touchscreen, menus, or other superfluous features,

 it fits in Haupt’s pocket, and it makes calls,

 which is all I want it to do,


“This is a statement against a world of touchscreens, hyperconnectivity, and complacency with big brother watchdogs,” Haupt writes on her website, in a post sharing the open source design, she adds that “in a finicky, annoying, touchscreen world of hyperconnected people using phones they have no control over or understanding of, I wanted something that would be entirely mine, personal, and absolutely tactile, while also giving me an excuse for not texting.” life would be so much simpler, (and if you are one those that buy a new telephone every year, cheaper), if we all had one of these, but would take a step backwards? wellmyself ofra atart, I guess I useless than 1% of what my telephone can do,I liked it to a washing machine, that has 40 different programs to wash clothes, and at the end of the day? you use the same 2 for every wash!


No comments: