Thursday 18 August 2022

Blog Posted,

and I was out to visit Duncan,


it was not as warm as I had thought, so I was glad I did not wear shorts,

as it happened rain was forecast here and in Gravesend,

Diana was returning from her night shift as I was waiting for the number 54 bus,

I was soon passing Peter Pan's Playground,

and the never ending refurbishment of this building,

I arrived at Blackheath in good time, the florists open,

with a nice show of plants for sale,

 the reason I buy my tickets at Beckenham Junction, the ticket office here is closed on 3 out of 4 visits,

just my luck, my train the 09.33 cancelled! the problem being I can not use my OAP travel card before 09.30,

eventually I arrived at Dartford,

lots of ducks on the lake today,

arriving in Gravesend I did not have long to wait for a 483,

the sun trying to break through the clouds,

opposite the bus stop the hanging baskets still looking nice,

a walk up the hill,

to the nursing home, on the right above the wall,

it looks like a bumper croup of apples,

we chatted away, Duncan was in fine sprits as we both reminisced on times past and the current situation that is affecting us all, the rising prices of everything for everybody, after saying our farewells,

I was back on the bus to the station,

as usual trains were running late and my one again cancelled! so I caught a different train it took some longer to arrive at Dartford,

Gravesend has a high speed connection to London, on these Intercity trains,

one more stop and it will be in the capitol,

my train arrived, after changing trains in Dartford,

I arrived in a very wet Blackheath,

I sat downstairs, looking at Lewisham market the rain had driven all of the shoppers back home,

but at the Downham entrance to the park it was bone dry,

I had a bit of shopping to do in Waitrose,

a novel display in the entrance,

lots of cut flowers for sale,

shopping finished so off back past Foxgrove Lodge,

it looked so cloudy I thought it would rain at any moment, but it did not,

it was soon time for my read and evening sherry,

poppadums,

followed by onion bhajis,

'Cheers!', Diana had made a delicious curry, after which it was feet up for a Lewis followed by a New Tricks before we were off to bed.


No comments: