Saturday 20 August 2022

The Flower On The Kitchen Succulent,

has started to open,


it is the first time this plant has flowered,

and nice it looks too,

I accompanied Diana to the bus stop, 

it was overcast but still warm,

I left Diana checking the time of the next bus,

and made my way to the station to buy a couple of tickets,

but I should have known better, Friday morning, of course the ticket office was closed! I then remembered, the workers were on strike,

I walked past the green, the recent rain not helping the grass at all,

I waited an age for the bus, then two of them one after another,

alighting from the bus I had a look at This 'N' That,

I popped inside for a chat with Joanna,

then over the road to Kingfisheries, where I dropped off some labels I had printed for Graham,

back home the weather improving,

time for a sherry and a read,

and a cheese and tomato sandwich, 'Cheers!',

next back out to the bus stop,

opposite the alms houses for a 227 to Penge,

where the Moon & Stars was having some work completed, 

I found a booth,

and waited for birthday Steve to arrive,

I was a few days late as it happens, 'Cheers!', we had bought Steve a bee dish cloth and a favorite tipple,

after Steve I had a quick look in the garden, neither of us had been out there before,

which was really nice and it was huge, behind the flower beds there must have been 30 or more tables,

I made my way back inside,

and joined Steve with a few pints,

each of the booths has a theme, this one H. G.Wells,

we chatted the night away before saying our farewells,

off of the 227 and past the churchyard,

and across the green and home, Diana had beaten me back, so a coffee and a chat it was before we were off to bed.


No comments: