Thursday 25 August 2022

It Is Diana's Day Off Today,

so I will only be making one post,


as we will be out early, back to Wednesday, Diana had left for work before I started out,

on my way to visit Duncan, it looked a bit overcast,

the bus was a tad late, as it passed Foxgrove Lodge,

looking at Peter Pan's Pool,

I noticed what looked like a cormorant preening itself,

the bee garden at the Catford police station stop, still looking nice despite the drought,

a driver change at Catford bus garage,

past the never ending refurbishment of this building,

and Lewisham market,

lots of bargains there as always,

as I passed St. Margarets cemetery, the bus was making good time, I should be able to catch the 09.33,

then disaster! a road cleaning vehicle slowed the bus,

but all was not lost, I ran to the station in time for the train to Dartford, as soon as the train stopped a walk across the platform to the train to Gravesend,

where Alan was waiting to pick me up, we were soon at the nursing home,

we chatted away to Duncan who was in fine sprits, during out visit it was time for Duncan's bedding to be change so Alan and myself sat in the garden chatting to one of the gardeners, we mentioned the bumper crop of apples at the home entrance, to which he replied "help yourself as most visitors do not and they just rot on the ground", we went back in to chat away with Duncan until we left,

with the advantage of Alan's extra height, 

I soon had a handful of apples,

Alan had a few more, he and his wife makes jams and pies, where they live there is a wealth of wild growing produce, Alan dropped me off at the station, where I had the same luck going home, straight onto the train at Gravesend, up and down the stairs at Dartford to a waiting train, 

 and here I was in Blackheath, so a photograph of the florists, in the reflection a bus, you guessed it a number 54, by the time the pedestrian lights had changed,

the 54 bus I needed was on its way up the hill, just my luck!

 across the road waiting for the next number 54,

I sat at the front downstairs for a change,

passing the refurbished building it seems strange that down one side of it I could not see a single ground floor window,

past the Catford cat,

and Foxgrove Lodge,

off at the green,

I had some shopping to pick up,

next past Foxgrove Lodge,

where some nice white flowers were in bloom,

after a couple of quiz shows it was time for my evening sherry and read,

Diana had made me a huge chilli con carne,

'Cheers!',

for dessert some water melon, then feet up for a Midsomer Murder, during which Diana arrive home from work, so a coffee and a chat before a New Tricks after which we were off to bed.


No comments: