Saturday 13 August 2022

Diana Was On Early Shift Today,

so by the time I had finished yesterdays blog she arrived home,


we watched a couple of quiz shows, then time for my read and a sherry,

followed by a salmon salad,

then I was out to meet up with Steve,

another cloudless day,

as I made my way to the 227 bus stop,

past Foxgrove Lodge,

and the Pearl,

the green as many others could really do with more than a drop of rain,

the alms houses opposite the bus stop,

and this is where I was going, Southey Street in Penge,

just look for the street art,

and when you see this,

turn and you will be facing Southey Street Brewery,

where I will be meeting Steve, the menu for the evening,

the inside is comfortable,

with booths for drinkers to chat the evening away,

looking through the window,

this is where the magic happens,

the beer is all produced on the premises,

Steve arrived soon after myself,

we sampled the brews on offer,

we were well looked after by Liz and James,

if you are not into beer there is wine and a few sprits and mixers for sale as well as fruit juices,

we chatted the night away, of course the water shortage was a item of interest, especially as right outside in the street water was pouring down a drain from a water leak,

as I waited at the bus stop I decided to buy Diana some KFC, as I know she likes the way the chicken is cooked there, but alas, it was closed,

after saying farewell to Steve it was on to the bus and then the walk through the green and home, where after a nightcap we were both off to bed.


No comments: