Monday 30 November 2009

The Day Just Sort Of Flew Past,

all to soon it was time to meet Mr.Tony,
so it was on with the glad rags,
and off to the 99 baht Sunday lunch, if you look at the menu there is a different menu every day, although I do not like it myself I have been told by more than a few friends that the Thursday lasagna is one of the best in town,
the bar where we normally meet up across from the restaurant,
with all of those signs it is not easy to miss,
looking towards, Soi Bukoaw,
a papaya poc-poc maker, whilst at the bar there is a none stop procession of people selling food, watches, DVD's etc,
I kept my distance, some thing he was using to me did not smell so good,
then Mr. Tony arrived,
a lady selling goods from the hill tribes in the north of Thailand,
inside the restaurant, it was not so busy today,
the blue slushi was sold out so a red one instead,
a full roast dinner, only 99 baht including a salad, it was delicious,
"Cheers!" from all of us, after the main course no one could eat a desert, so then time to head home feet up and watch a few DVD's,
and what better way to round of the evening that some British humour, not to every bodies taste but Diana and myself find the antics of the 4 students in The Young Ones highly entertaining, after a few shows then to bed.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Excellent Blog as ever Stan, well done.

On the subject of British/ Western (Farang) food, one thing I noticed on a recent trip to Pattaya is how more readily available British food is in Pattaya now, compared to in the past.

Ten years ago, if you wanted Pork Pies, Steak & Kidney Pudding etc, you had to ask someone who was coming over to bring it for you! As for a turkey at Christmas - almost unheard of!

These days, I notice a lot of suppliers in Pattaya, with a large stock of quality items; such as Yorkies on Jomtien beach road, Friendship supermarket, and KTK (may have got the name wrong?) in north Pattaya.

Excellent news for the ex-pats, of course.

PattayaStan said...

Dear Anonymous, many thaks for your kind comments, you are so right about farang food out here, yesterday we bought a packet of Paxo stuffing, unheard of over here only a few years ago, I remember a few years ago I bought a pack of 10 over with me in my suitcase, although none broke I could not get the smell of sage and onion stuffing out of my clothes for weeks! it is KPK, also there is SS Sausages on the road to Nagklua, not to mention Jimmy's (our favorite for sausages) and The Bakers Oven.
Now on to two other Anonymous comments, firstly I do not know the Mark you are talking about, sorry about that, for the second Anonymous comment, sorry to hear you are missing Champions and Mango, but I do not think I ever meet her there, best regards, Stan and Diana