Thursday 26 November 2009

Oops! number 3,

unfortunately in this one some one gets hurt, but for drag boat racer Quinton Knight it was a miraculous escape as he suffered only a broken leg, it could have been much worse, racing his drag boat at over 150M.P.H. at the International Hot Boat Association Finals at the Firebird Raceway, his boat flipped and threw him into the air, drag boat racing is considered one of the most dangerous sports in the world with the lightweight boats often flipping over, I must admit I do like drag car racing, that is dangerous enough, but drag boat racing takes things to a extreme level, I hope Quinton makes a speedy recovery.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

The UK paper got numerous details about the accident wrong.

The correct spelling of the name of the person racing the boat is "Quinten Kight" (not "Quinton Knight") and he is 24 years old (not 32 years old).

Quinten is my nephew, the son of my brother, Willie Kight, Jr. who has been modifying boats for years. Quinten is a great person who was just back in the States from his first tour in Iraq. Had he not been home, my brother would have been racing the boat.

My family is counting our blessings that Quinten escaped with a shattered right knee and numerous broken ribs and appreciate your sentiments about a speedy recovery.

Warm regards,

Kimberly Kight Stocker

PattayaStan said...

Dear Kimberly, many thanks for setting the record straight, I am sorry that Quinten had such terrible injuries, from the article it mentioned 'minor' which a shattered right knee and numerous broken ribs are not, once again I sincerely hope that he makes a full recovery, best regards, Stan and Diana.