Friday 6 November 2009

Diana Made It Safely To Lao,

so her passport is now in the embassy and I have a day to myself,
so down to the clothes shop to buy her a welcome home present,
so many styles and colours,
and a very happy shop owner! I spent most of the day buying some more DVD's, the prices are so low in the UK that buying them there means that I can watch films that may not be available over here and I know that they will run all the way through, I hate it when over an hour into the movie it stops, I know I can take it back the next day, but it just spoils the whole thing, so any way these are the titles I bought,
Classic Films Triple - The Battle Of The River Plate/In Which We Serve/We Dive At Dawn [DVD] The Brief - Series 1-2 - Complete [DVD] House on Haunted Hill [DVD] 10 Rillington Place (Special Edition) DVD When Worlds Collide [DVD] Peter Ustinov - An Audience With Peter Ustinov DVD The Fearless Vampire Killers [DVD] New Street Law: Complete BBC Series 2 [2007] The Man Who Would Be King [DVD] The Charge Of The Light Brigade [DVD] The Big Country [DVD] New Street Law [2007] series 1 DVD Judge John Deed (BBC) - Series 5" DVD Judge John Deed (BBC) - Series 6" DVD New Tricks : Complete BBC Series 5 [DVD] [2009]"

not to every bodies taste but for me films I have enjoyed and some newer series of one that we already have,

by now it was getting late so down to the soup stall, chicken soup for one to go 30 baht,
there are still a few gaps in the food stall area, I have mentioned before how one week about 40% up sticks and left, a few have now returned but a lot have not,
it has been so cold out here lately that the fish in one of my aquariums have gone down with a stress related disease, white spot or Ich, (Ichthyophthirius) as it is sometimes called, so the aquarium now has a blue tint to the water,
the blue look does not photograph well, but it will be gone in a few days,
then it was out on the town, I meet Mick in Sisterz, so we had a few in there, next on the list The Iron Club, very new tech, but the music, if you call it that was for me way to loud, but a nice way to start the evening, we also called in to have a drink with Grieg in Sweethearts, but he was not there, but it did not stop us from having a few!
along the street we called into Champions, draught Chang beer only 50 baht all night, not bad when you consider some places are charging 65 - 75 after happy hour,
easy to find Champions is almost next to the Bier Kutsche where we normally eat on Wednesdays when we come into town,
just walk past the beer bar on your left then turn to the right, we had more than a few in there, then time to hit the road and home to bed, tomorrow Diana will be arriving back about 8 or 9 in the evening, so I had better get her presents wrapped up before then!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

While the cats away, the mice will play - Did you?