Tuesday 19 December 2017

Success At Last!

I have finally managed to make things work as they were,


before our last computer crash, I took this picture when we went to the boat show, with the normal camera we use, this is straight out of the camera with no trickery,

then staying in the same spot I used the infrared converted camera to take this shot, and this is how it appears, again straight out of the camera, the converted camera has a wider angle lens so that more of the scene is captured,

I then ran the image through an infrared converting program, Khromagery FalseColours which I loaded into Photoshop, to make the above picture,

 then applying a mask from the NIK Collection again added to Photoshop, I changed the colors to black and white,

 and using another mask gave the picture an antique look,

then going back to the IR colour picture I tweaked up the colours, to give the picture a totally wild look, not to everyone's taste I am sure, but I do enjoy playing with the IR images and see what different results I can achieve,

we stayed in for the day, I played with the new camera set up that I was trying out a new wireless remote with, essentially I am setting up two identical cameras, same body and lenses, side by side, but one is a normal camera, the other an infrared converted camera, for night photography I will need a long exposure, just the pressing of the shutter buttons can result in camera shake, so I have attached a wireless remote receiver to the tops of both cameras, which are controlled by a single press button switch, I am playing with them again today so I will post a picture of them tomorrow, after our evening meal we watched tonight's edition of The Chase, 3 or 4 from Bargain Hunt on YouTube, then to round the evening off another from the Bond Box, Octopussy, as an aside the octopus mentioned in the film does actually exist, 

the name ‘blue-ringed octopus' (Hapalochlaena) does not actually refer to a single species, but rather a genus of species, all with the circular, iridescent blue markings for which they are named, these markings are certainly very beautiful and striking to look at, however they are only displayed when the octopus is about to dispense its deadly poison, size differs between species, but they range from four to six centimeters long, with arms reaching lengths of seven to 10 centimeters, the group is named for the iridescent blue markings that dot their bodies; however these are usually only seen when the octopus feels threatened and is about to attack, this change in colour is due to pigment cells known as chromatophores, they, along with all other octopuses, have eight arms which are attached around their mouth, these arms have rows of broad, muscular suckers, and its mouth packs a powerful punch, at roughly the size of a golf ball the creature has enough venom to kill 10 people, when it bites a toxin in its saliva attacks the chemicals that tell your mussels to work, causing them to relax, so breathing, heart beats and anything else that uses mussels in your body slowly at first, then more rapidly stops working, the worst of it is you brain continues to function as normal, but in panic mode! clearly a case of look and do not touch, and with that we were off to bed.


No comments: