Tuesday 19 December 2017

Bobbers,

seem to be getting more and more popular,



at the boat show we saw a factory produced one, that has become Triumphs most successful new-model launch in Triumph history, 

 well Analog Motorcycle’s Tony Prust decided to give his take on the Bobber theme, 

 he took a 1972 Triumph Bonneville 650 Engine in a 1968 Triumph Bonneville 650 frame and mated it to a late 1960’s BSA front end,

  “I built this bike for myself and started it shortly after I opened Analog Motorcycles, and when I say ‘started it,’ I mean I started accumulating parts over the course of a year, then I built it the following year, it was a basket case chopper in rough shape that a friend of a relative of a friend had lying around”,

 the headlight was built from a vintage brass cigar tin,

 during the mock-up, Tony had custom rear spokes made so he could center the wheel in the frame while also keeping the drive line straight. "if you have ever laced one of the conical hubs to a 16″ rear wheel it’s off center, but that annoyed me so I fixed it",

  “I was just starting and cutting my teeth on vintage Japanese models, so an old Triumph was a bit different, I loved the look of the engine, so I wanted it to be a key piece of the puzzle”,

with the ‘modern classic’ Triumphs increasing in popularity at the time, he figured it would be cool to make the engine black like a new model to really throw people off, you can follow him and the company on Facebook or Instagram, photography by Grant Schwingle, would I like it? absolutely!


No comments: