Sunday 26 November 2017

Saturday,

so it was time for aquarium maintenance,



 40% of the water out,

 and replaced, as I was doing this Diana was cleaning out the cats pool, 

 then we were off, making our way past the Huay Yai Temple complex,
  
 and then on to China Town, 

 or the Chak Ngaew Community as it is known,

 the 'Walking Street' is a regular Saturday event,

 opening every Saturday from 10.00 in the morning, 

 but at that time only a few of the food stalls are open,

 we were told by some of the very friendly locals, 

 it is better to start you visit from 4.00 in the afternoon onwards, 

 the shops that were open had all manner of goods on display,

 although I think that this store was display only and the goods were just for show,

 we just had to stop, 

 at the wishing well,

 along all of the streets there were lanterns swaying in the breeze,

 and of course a Chinese temple,

 one thing that was not for display only were the rickshaws, you can hire them for a tour around the town,

 as we were walking more stalls started to appear,

 we often feature yellow ducks on our blog

 well here are a few that are not yellow,

we stopped for a drink, Diana commenting that I looked like a tourist, I do not know how on earth she got that idea!

 we made our way back to the truck,

 passing lots of small restaurants on the way,

 with seating starting to be placed in the road for the evenings trade,

whilst we were walking around the town, one of the locals stopped us and gave us this highly informative 70 page booklet, which details the history of the village and gives a run down on the foods on offer,

then off to our next port of call, the Pattaya Boat Show,

 it is in the grounds of the Ocean Marina, 

 we stopped for a few pictures on the way in,

 the whole setting is very picturesque,
 with nice walkways, 

 around the lake,

 the first stall we came across as we entered was a motorcycle stall,

 manned by, now this is difficult in these PC times, do I call them Red Indians, as I have known them all of my life, or Native Indians? I know, I will keep everybody happy and call them ethnics, so there were these ethnics banging their drums, dancing and having a great time, occasionally stopping for a photo-shoot,

 all set for the picture taking to begin,

 I made my way along one of the pontoons,

and naturally had to have a pose,

 the array of boats was stunning, 

 many of them catamarans,

 Diana found one she liked, the grey one, a snip at €3.25 million, a quick calculation and I figured it would take more than a years wages to fill it with fuel!

then I was in seventh heaven!

a stall with real motorcycles, Triumphs!

I just could not take it all in, the favoured ride of so many film stars, whose names still endure, think Richard Gere, Marlon Brando, Paul Newman, Clint Eastwood and the most famous triumph rider of them all Steve McQueen, 

 they were all here, 

 the Triumph Street Twin, yours for just 399,000 baht (at today's rate £9,143 or $12,194),

 I could not stop taking pictures,

 then one I had not seen before,

 a factory made Triumph Bobber,

 this the one for me, in truth I prefer this model to the new 2018 one, just a shame there is not a seat for Diana,

 I really wanted to order one, but the look of the Thruxton R called me over,

  as did the T100 Bonneville, enough dreaming!

 I thought this was really neat, a kids slide, but in the shape of a boat, how so very appropriate,

 next the big boys toys, 

 I should really say a work boat, 

 there is a huge concrete jetty that forms a side of the jetty, so I decided along with many others to walk along it and take a few pictures of the marina looking inland and the boats moored there, but it was not to be, a security guard on a bicycle rode up and said taking pictures form the jetty at the boats was forbidden, so that was that, I just wish that there was a sign saying that at the start of the jetty, then we all could have saved ourselves a long walk in the sun,

 so a cool drink was in order,

  a map of the show, the jetty you can not take pictures from is the one on the left of the picture, by the cruising yacht, which you can take pictures from as it leaves the harbour!

  we made our way back home, 

 and prepared our Saturday evening bar-b-q, and for tonight a slight change of menu, instead of garlic bread we bought a couple of strips of pork ribs,

  which looked and were delicious,

  a fact which the feral kittens outside,

 did not fail to notice,

 we were surrounded, kittens on both sides of the table,

 we followed the ribs after a long break, 

  with a lobster or I should say prawn bisque,

  next lite the barby,

 which took remarkably well,

  by now Diana had already given the kittens some food,

 but they knew more was coming,

 they settled down for the next course, 

 which for me,

  was a huge pork chop, with onions and potatoes,

'Cheers!',

  on with the potatoes,

  Diana had decided against a chop so she made herself this dish, which she thoroughly enjoyed,

 cats eyes! I did not eat all of the chop, so that was cut up and given to the kittens, we listen to music until nearly midnight and then for us we were off to bed.


No comments: