Friday 24 November 2017

Wednesday Dawned,

and still no Internet,


I called 3BB again and was told that work was continuing and that I would receive a telephone call for the engineers to make an appointment, so as I had some time on my hands I decided to try and learn a little about correcting some of my photographs, if you look at the picture above there are three main faults with it as far as I am concerned, on the roof line an ugly antenna, and a sunspot where a beam of light travelling through the lens produces a circle, are the two main ones, but also annoying are the wires and cables crossing the far right pillar and bushes, 

  a crop of the antenna and circle, 

 and the cables, 

  well with much trial by error I managed to remove the circle and the antenna,

  and the cables,

 giving me the finished picture, the colours may seem a bit odd, that is because I took them using an infrared converted Panasonic GX 8 camera that only shoots in infrared, I had the camera converted by Protech Photographic in Uckfield, Sussex, UK. who were more than very helpful, and no I am not on commission, if you are interested in infrared photography we have a infrared blog, back to how to remove unwanted items,

  I am not sure if this is the right or wrong way to go about it, but I used the clone tool in the left hand side bar,

 and when opened it looks like this, all that happens is that you chose a size of circle and how hard or soft you want the object to be, then move the circle over the object or in this case piece of sky you want to copy, press alt and right click at the same time, then move the circle that you copied to where you want it and right click and the copied piece of sky is placed over the spot or antenna that you want to disappear, so easy to do, but with no Internet I had to teach myself this easy but very effective trick, now do I go back and clean up all of the other pictures I have taken or just use this effect in the new ones I post? When I say simple it took me most of the day to figure out how it all worked, several times making a completed bog of it and starting again,

in the evening still no Internet so we watched Waterloo and followed that with a couple from Jericho which finished the series with a most unsatisfactory ending, one of the lead characters is shot by persons unknown and that is it, the series has been cancelled, so there it is, and with that we were off to bed.


No comments: