Wednesday 29 November 2017

I Am Trying,

not very successfully,


 to teach myself how to use Photoshop, and it is when I see the work of photographers like,

 French photographer Zacharie Gaudrillot-Roy, who which strips isolated buildings of everything but their forward-facing exteriors,

 that I realise how little I know,

 in his third iteration of the project he presents the facades of small homes, boutiques, and stately mansions at dusk, 

the structures are lit by the last waning light of day, in addition to a few street lamps that dot the lonely roads, the pictures to me look as if, well, there was no other part of the building but there was! the photographer started the project several years ago to examine what would happen when he digitally erased the possibilities that lie behind a building’s front door, You can see more of Gaudrillot-Roy’s facades from previous projects on his Instagram, I have such a long way to go try to learn about how to use Photoshop.


No comments: