Wednesday 1 November 2017

Over The Years I Have Watch Lots Of Westerns,

and whenever I watch or think of Wyatt Berry Stapp Earp,


AKA Wyatt Earp, this is the picture that I conjure up of him, he was a was an American Old West gambler, a deputy sheriff in Pima County, and deputy town marshal in Tombstone, Arizona Territory, who took part in the Gunfight at the O.K. Corral, during which lawmen killed three outlaw cowboys, a real rooting tooting gunslinger,

so it came as a surprise to find this picture of him, taken in the 1920s, at that time even though he was in his 70s he was in fact quite active, even serving as an unpaid consultant in silent cowboy movies, it seems far removed from the man I had in my mind, to put him in a time scale that makes sense to me, he died in 1929, just 21 year before I was born.


No comments: