Thursday 21 November 2019

A Couple Of Photographs Of The Crows,

I am pretty sure they are the same ones every day,


 although one appears normal and has no distinguishing markings,

 the other has a curled right foot, 

 the strange thing is only two crows appear for feeding, after the couple of months that we have been feeding them, I thought a few more would have learned where free food is every day, but there it is, just the two of them and the two magpies on the ground,

 I walked with Diana to the bus stop as she was on day shift,

 I had a couple of things to do, firstly drop off my waterproof jacket, after just a few months the zip failed, so I left it with Regal Cleaners, for it to be hopefully repaired, the gentleman that repairs zips was out but should be back shortly, which was not a problem, 

 as I had to pop into Kingfisheries, for some RO water,

 I took a few photographs as my container was filling,  

 and naturally forgot about it,

D'Oh! RO water all over the floor, 

 I waited for some time then bad news from Regal, the zip repairer still had not returned, 

 so home I went sans jacket, to admire the orchid we had purchased from McBeans yesterday,

 it is known as a Pacific sun spots orchid, (Oncidium catatante), I just hope it likes it's new home, then news from Regal, the zip could not be repaired, so it had to be replaced at £35.00, I hope this one lasts longer than the one supplied with the jacket by Mountain Warehouse, I will pick it up tomorrow,

 in the afternoon out to the station, I popped down to Maidstone to see Duncan,

 we agreed on meeting at the Spice Hut,

 we were all there, Steve,

 Alan,

 and Duncan, who had a couple of days ago taken a fall, 

 'Cheers!', from all of us, 

 for our starters we had a selection of prawn cocktails, prawn puri and tandoori chicken, above our mains, including chicken pullaby, korma and more than a few others that I can not recall, plus onion bhajees, aloo gobi, peas pulao rice and naan bread, we chatted the evening away, 

 after saying my farwells Steve kindly dropped me off at Maidstone East station,

 a change of trains and I was home,

Diana was asked to work a few extra hours as a colleague was taken ill at work, so just before midnight I was back to the station to walk Diana home, where it was feet up for a nightcap, one from Taboo, which left us with a cliffhanger ending, and with that we were off to bed.


No comments: