Saturday 16 November 2019

We Have Not Made A Post About Tattoos,

for some time,


 and then I saw these,

 modern day inks seem to have so much more colour to them,

 and the needles seem to be much finer,

 or at least it seems that way to me looking at the work of tattoo artist Makkala Rose who creates dramatic botanical designs on her clients’ skin, incorporating richly toned flower blossoms, unctuous fruits, and life-like animal portraits,

 going back to the top two photographs, one recent commission involved completely covering a client’s back with a chiaroscuro “painting” featuring three burning candles, reflective glass and crystals, piles of ripe fruit, and a hanging bat on an inky black background,

 Rose hails from New Zealand, and travels frequently for her tattoo work, most often across the U.S., U.K., and New Zealand,

to see more of her designs have a look on Instagram, but be warned, Rose is usually booked several months in advance, but you can find out where she’ll be next on her website, I have to say they look nice, but for myself I will stick with the one I have already.


No comments: