Friday 8 November 2019

This Post So Reminded Me Of One Of My Many Childhood Memories,

going to the fair and winning a goldfish for a prize,


which can still happen, for myself a great thing, I persuaded Mum and Dad to buy a small glass battery case to make an aquarium out of, like this one from Exide, next a proper aquarium and that started me on a lifelong passion for fishkeeping, and it was lucky for the fish too, if it was not born gold and was as nature intended a muddy silver colour, it would have been slaughtered in the millions for food!

 any way back to this post, instead of your flying fickle finger of fate pointing out which crab you want to eat, a restaurant used a grab machine, you pay $5 for a token and if you win a crab the restaurant cooks it for you, personal I prefer to pick my own as I can choose a big or small one,

next thing the restaurant got into hot water, rather like the crabs I suppose, the chief executive of House of Seafood has had to issue a public apology after a viral video showing people using a pink claw machine to catch live crabs drew a lot of criticism both from the general public and Society for the Prevention of Cruelty to Animals (SPCA). In a statement posted on Facebook, Francis Ng claimed that the live claw machine was actually meant to educate children about marine life, while critics of the controversial attraction said that it caused unnecessary harm to the crustaceans and encouraged people to see the live creatures as thing to be won in a game,


“As the chief executive officer of House of Seafood, I take full responsibility for causing such unhappiness and I am sincerely sorry for such an oversight,” Francis Ng said. “Despite the measures  to minimize the discomfort of the crabs, we note the feedback from the public and will stop the catching of live animals in the machine. (This will happen) completely in all House of Seafood outlets worldwide.” so it is back to the crab vending machine I suppose.


No comments: