Friday 29 November 2019

I Find It So Difficult,

to convince myself,


that this is not a real glass of wine, it is in fact a hyper-realistic drawing, using commons drawing tools to make them look three-dimensional Marcello Bareng excels at making everyday objects look so real in two dimensions, photograph Marcello Barenghi/Facebook,

the good news is that he has a number of videos, showing how he works, like this one above of a mirror with him in it as a self portrait, after a number of bad career choices, in 2013 Marcello Barenghi  found himself “unemployed and with nothing to lose”, so he decided to go back to the thing he liked to do the most – drawing hyper-realistic versions of everyday objects, He set up a YouTube account and started uploading video tutorials of himself drawing things like soda cans or fruits. In his first year as “youtuber”, Marcello got 100,000 followers. Today, he has 1.7 million subscribers, which makes him one of the most popular artists on YouTube,

there are few more here, Marcello spends several hours on a single project, which I find amazing, I thought looking at the work, each one would run into days rather than hours, one of the things that set him apart from most artists is that he doesn’t sell his artworks, ever, “Of each and every drawing I realized, I could say I’m not completely satisfied with it, but also that I love it so much I could never part with it. In fact, I don’t sell them,” Marcello Barenghi told American Express Essentials, “Every one of them is the result of a challenge which I loved to take on and overcome: the gold of the World Cup trophy, the transparency of the glass, the weave of fabric. I love them all, each of them has its own peculiarity.” some people just have so much talent, and Marcello is one of them!


No comments: