Sunday 1 December 2019

We Went Into Town,

in the morning, as Diana did not have to start work until the afternoon,

 so a walk out of the park,

 and past the Christmas fair,

 for our breakfast 

 in The Big Breakfast, the restaurant was absolutely packed, every table taken, we were lucky to find a table for two,

 but for us not the usual fry up,

lasagna for Diana, 

 chilli con carne for myself plus 2 latte coffees, the bill came to just over £21.00, and good news, they now have a card machine, I noticed it being used a couple of tables away, no having to remember to go to the cash machine before eating after today, so I gave my card to the cashier, but was told cash only, I pointed to the card machine, 'Broken', was the reply, I said, I had just not a minute ago seen it working, 'Cash Only', was the reply, how strange that a shop nowadays wants cash only, I would have thought the daily transference of all of that cash would be so dangerous, walking around with that much cash would I thought have been a magnet to muggers, but there it is, so remember to go to the cash machine if you want to eat there, 

 we walked past the church,

 to Beckenham Green,

 where the Christmas fair was taking place,

 not as many stalls as the summer fair,

 but there was a Santa's grotto,

 and next to it an inflatable building, 

 not a bouncy castle, it was my sort of building,

 we carried on looking around,

 Diana likes the food on the Greek stall, but we were still full from our breakfast,

 at the end of the green, an area selling Christmas trees,

 and nice they looked too,

 but for us with limited refuse bins what do you do with it after Christmas?

 a quick look at some of the stalls, 

 and the soon to be lit Christmas tree, the council like us can put their tree into storage for next year,

 the stage being set up for Christmas carol singers,

 at the center of the green, the leaves from the tree now dropped,

 and the dedication easy to see now that the plants had died back for winter, a history of V1 and V2 bombings can be seen here

 on a happier note, the pub was open,

 so a glass of Christmas bubbly it was then,

 'Cheers!', we started on our way back to the bus stop for Diana to go to work, but the bus she needed was not due for some time,

 so into O'Neill's it was then,

 for a mini bubbly, after saying goodbye to Diana,

 I took the shopping home, 

  and settled down for my evening meal, starting with a sherry,

 and then a red wine to go with a slice of pumpernickel,

 topped with tuna, cucumber and tomatoes, finally sprinkled with a grated frozen lemon, rind and all,
 fresh pineapple for dessert,

 beside me the tree looking nice,

 just before midnight Diana called, so a walk to the bus stop for me,

 arriving home our next door neighbour had put out some Christmas decorations in the hall,

so tomorrow it will be out with our Christmas wreath for the door and Rudolph floor mat, next a nightcap as we watch the latest Have I Got News For You, which we both thoroughly enjoyed, and I have to say this week's episode was exceptionally good, after that we were off to bed.


No comments: