Tuesday 22 September 2020

As I Was Typing The Blog,

one of the crows landed on the window sill,


by the time I had grabbed the camera and switched it on, this was the only photograph I had, it was the crow with the club foot and gammy eye,

Monday and off to the dentist, not a parked car in sight,

in either direction, as far as I can tell no one minds the visitors to the park, it is just the rubbish they leave, beer cans, empty wine bottles and prepacked food packets from supermarkets, really make the place look like a dump, almost as bad is the fact that some of the visitors put all of their rubbish neatly into a bag, then drive off and leave the bag on the grass verge! the good news is that one of the residents actually goes around first thing Monday morning and clears it all up, unfortunately the local council never factored in that visitors would leave rubbish, and that it had to be collected every so often, residents doing the councils job, no change there then,

a quick stop at the snail mail box,

and out of the park,

past the church and on to the bus, as I was a little bit early I passed the dentist and continued to Penge,

to this shop to see if they had some cobnuts, unfortunately they did not, but then a real treat, they had some of the first of this years chestnuts, and they were huge, 1 kilo later and I was on my way,

walking past Penge Police station, where I guess this bicycle owner thought it would be safe chaining his bicycle to the police station railings, so if anyone has 2 bicycle wheels and a good pair of bolt cutters this could be your next bicycle! (not that I condone theft),

I walked back to the dentist for my appointment, some work completed ready for my next appointment in 2 weeks time and I was on my way,

off the bus and past the church into M & S for some milk and a few other bits and pieces,

and I was on my way back home,

as I was in the kitchen getting my evening meal from the refrigerator,

there was Reynard taking it easy on our sunbed,

getting curled up and ready for a evenings sleep, for my evening as it was Monday the weekday schedule had restarted, so a Midsomer Murder, then some bad news, for no apparent reason Barclaycard sent me a SMS to say it had cancelled my last three transactions, which it named, no reason as to why, just if it was me send a Y for yes or a N for no, I sent a Y and then received another SMS saying all is well just resend the funds to the traders I had visited, how embarrassing as one of the transactions was to the dentist! also I guess I will have to call into M & S to explain what has happened to them, I am guessing trying to telephone the accounts department will take an age, why does this sort of thing always happen to me! back to the television, a Poirot was followed by a New Tricks, about halfway through Silent Witness Diana called,

so off to the bus stop,

and if you look carefully in the bottom right in a deserted street you can see Diana's bus, we walked home,

arriving home Diana was surprised and amazed at the size of the chestnuts,

as I mentioned they were huge, we were tempted to eat some, but a quick glance at the time, it was 12.55AM as we walked through the door, so we decided for us we were going to be off to bed.


No comments: