Wednesday 30 September 2020

Peanuts Please!

so a hand full went out of the window,


which pleased the fox,

and one of the magpies, which kept a discreet distance,

then time for a curl up and a doze, as I was typing the blog Mr. Tony called from Thailand, we chatted away, he mentioned in passing that there were so few people out there now, Diana was at work, for myself I had a few things to do, firstly drive to the BP station and fill the car with diesel for our trip at the weekend to Bournemouth, also I called into a few of the shops in Downham that sell fresh fruit and vegetables, I was looking for some cobnuts and chestnuts, but no success,

next stop Waitrose, no queues today, I called in for some Cinzano and spiced rum, and by a lucky happenstance found that they were selling Kentish cobnuts, so I just had to buy half a kilo of those,

I parked behind the cinema next, to draw out some cash for next week in the bank which was opposite,

I parked near to Kingfisheries in Croydon Road, 

I had a look at some of the stock, Mr. Grumpy, the oscar, (Astronotus ocellatus), well he looked grumpy to me!

some bright decorations for the aquarium,

and some new aquariums for sale, in white, black,

and wood finishes,

plus plenty of aquarium ornaments,

some brighter than others!

lots of filters and foods as well, everything you need for the aquatic hobby,

my last stop of the day, Beckenham Building Supplies, to pick up a butane cylinder for our gas heater, for next weeks trip to the beach hut, it might be cold,

arriving home it was time to fit the new heater/thermostat into the aquarium, in fact all I had to do was drop it in and plug it in, hopefully it will last longer than the last one! in the afternoon, I spent some time on the telephone, calling Steve, Duncan and George,

after my evening meal and one form A Touch of Frost, Diana called, so off to the bus stop and home, where it was feet up for the last of the chestnuts as we watched one from Midsomer Murders and one from New Tricks, then for us we were off to bed.


No comments: