Saturday 12 September 2020

My Grandmother,

always used to tell me not to play with my food,


well my Mum did as well, but nowadays it seems that playing with food has become the norm, all photographs KU (@ken.tuchy)/Instagram,

Japanese artist KU (@ken.tuchy) creates stunningly intricate and edible illustrations with breakfast classics like jam, peanut butter and cocoa spread,

the trick is keeping all the different fruit jams and the other spreads from mixing, as well as the bread slices from becoming too soggy to work with,

the talented Japanese food artist uses popular spreads like fruit jams, peanut butter and Nutella to create intricate artworks on slices of white bread, drawing inspiration mainly from popular anime like Princess Mononoke, Spirited Away or Dragon Ball,

as for the trick of how not to let the different fruit jam mix together, he uses warm chocolate spread to outline his designs before filling them with other different spreads,

I will have to start playing with my food more!


No comments: