Tuesday 17 November 2020

We Were Up Before The Sun,

Diana was soon off to work,


I walked through the park with her 

to the entrance,

and on to the 162 bus stop by the station,

back home as I was typing the blog, 

one of the crows called by, the moment he left,

a second one slightly smaller appeared,

not as proficient as the first one, he kept struggling to keep on the window sill,

all was well in the end,

I had to go to the bank, on the number 54 bus, the downstairs was full, so on to the upper deck, and a view of the church I do not normally see this high up,

the line of soldiers at the war memorial,

and the line of customers at the bank, not that I had anything else to do, but when ever a bank, building society or post office is involved a queue is always guaranteed, it was a good job it was not raining, saying I did not have anything else to do, I actually had a cunning plan for when I returned home,

back past the memorial,

just in time to join another queue at Waitrose, 

my cunning plan for the afternoon was to surprise Diana, we both really enjoy Christmas and as Diana has Tuesday off we were going to bring the Christmas tree and decorations down from upstairs, so I decided to bring them down today, and what a struggle! the loft ladder is fine for getting oneself up and down, but it really needs two people for boxes and bits and pieces, especially the tree, but it was down in the end, and a surprise for me, all of the lights worked, that was a first!

boxes,

and bags of Christmas decorations, Diana will have a busy day tomorrow!

just after 10.00 in the evening Diana called, and back home we walked, feet up for a coffee in her Christmas mug, a slice of panettone and a relax,

 as we watched Scent of a Woman,

I mentioned we both really enjoy Christmas, Diana made a video about her new Christmas coffee mug,

and her surprise at the Christmas tree already up and running, and with the end of the film we were off to bed.


No comments: