Friday 8 January 2021

I Find It Amazing,

that the lady on the left,


can with imagination and body paint become the figure on the right, 

or this one above and any of the ones below, photographs Kay Pike/Instagram, Kay Pike is a talented designer and model from Calgary, Canada, who spends hours on end skilfully covering herself with body paint to transform into popular superheroes and villains, in 2015, during the Edmonton Comic and Entertainment Expo, she discovered “cospaint”, an intriguing art form that allowed her to transform into virtually any comic, cartoon or video game character by using body paint,

"I was working at my booth, and the convention staff brought a makeup artist named Lianne Moseley over to me,” the 33-year-old artist told Self.com. “Her model had bailed on her, and the convention staff knew I’m always down for anything.”

She spends between 10 and 14 hours on a body-painting, methodically applying body paint and making sure every little detail is just right,

“My typical process is several hours of planning, cleaning, and organizing before painting. Then some basic line-work just as you would for drawing a comic on paper,” Pike said. “My color-blocking goes lightest to darkest and then I blend and add effects.”

Kay has never had any formal painting or body painting education. She has just been playing and experimenting with paint her whole life, and cospaint just allowed her to take the art form to a whole new level,

 the talented artist posts her incredible transformations on Instagram, where she has over two hundred thousand fans, but also streams the process live on Twitch, at least twice a week, I am amazed, the transformations are just so mind blowing!


No comments: