Wednesday 6 January 2021

I Do Enjoy Reading,

and in some cases collecting books,


I have posted a few times about the few I have, in May 2019, also in 2019 in September, one more in November 2020, with that in mind I often pursue items for sale in book shops, and that is where I found these two rarities, firstly The Memoirs of Sherlock Holmes by Sir Arthur Conan Doyle, 1894, published in London by George Newnes,

size: 9.5" by 7.5",

it is a first edition,

illustrated by by Sidney Paget, yours for £1,975.00,

the second book is a second edition, this volume by Robert Louis Stevenson,

the Strange Case of Dr Jekyll and Mr Hyde, published in London in 1886 by Longmans, Green, and Co.

Size: 7" by 4.5" yours for £1,200.00, both of these books and many more can be found at Rooke Books, if only the cheque we paid in yesterday had more than a few zeros in the amount!


No comments: