Tuesday 7 November 2023

Although We Often See What The Interior Of Georgian Homes Are Like,

via various television period dramas and films, 


photographs Liza Antrimbut these photographs show genuine original period features, Georgian paintwork and wall paper,

in miniature, there are 3 doll houses in her collection, 

plus so many other mini artefacts from the period,

the article is here, but there is more, there is a site called Cider House Books, where you can share with Lizzie the fascination of her collection, 

a little from Lizzie about book one:

"This book is the culmination of 50 years of collecting, uncovering and restoring, mending and researching. I wanted to share the revelations and delight these wonderful houses have given me, and I hope in doing so also to find out more from the feedback of my readers. I can't describe the thrill of finding the name of a toy-man in a trade directory after you have been searching for it for years, with only a name or initials embossed on a grate, or printed on the back of a piano needle case to go by. I am still embarrassed recalling the looks I got in the Guildhall Library when I made my first discovery."

 not only are the doll house a glimpse back to Georgian times, but each artefact is meticulously researched, absolutely fascinating.


No comments: