Saturday 11 November 2023

What A Day!

for more than one reason,


firstly the window guys arrived, we can now open all of our windows, as it happens we could a few weeks ago but a couple became stuck, now resolved, next my exercises, breakfast and wait until our new fridge/freezer arrived which it did, with a slight problem, there were two small dings in the bottom door, the decision, they could not take it back until tomorrow, but a replacement could not be delivered until Monday, by then our food will have spoiled even though it was in cool boxes, a telephone call from one of the delivery drivers to the 'boss', and a offer of 10% off, which I was not happy with, but then we cover the door with magnets, I had nothing to loose by asking for a 20% discount, to my amazement the whoever it was at the other end of the phone said yes! I have to say if we did not buy magnets on our travels, I would not have accepted it, but with 20% off it was better than a January sale!

and here it is, I asked Diana when she returned home from her day out if she could see the dings, absolutely not until I moved one of the magnets, and then I could not find the other ding, but before Diana returned and knowing no one else was calling I had a shower and a shave, and then it happened, I nicked myself on the chin with the razor, being a treble blade a piece of skin was removed and it bled! and did not stop, 5 hours later I had to telephone Steve to say I could not meet him, the cut just would not stop bleeding, when Diana returned from her day out with Kai, it still had not stopped, and continued through the night, every few hours I woke up as the tissue I had Sellotaped to my chin became soggy, what a mess, the last tine I changed the dressing it was 05.00AM the pillow and towel I was using was also covered in blood, earlier talking to Steve we deduced it was most probably a blood thinning tablet I take which stopped the blood from clotting, also the bit of missing skin was a tad deep, as it was Diana's day off the girls had arranged a day out to London,

and here are Diana's photographs, 

Kai at their first stop Tokyo

the restaurant in London, 

not the city!

meal rounded off with a coffee and dessert, then let the shopping fest begin!

well all of that shopping built up a thirst, 

and a bit of hunger,

so where better to eat, 


as you might expect the restaurant sells upmarket burgers, and lobsters, the girls went with the lobster option! meal over it was out to where else? Harrod's, 

with all of its Christmas décor in place,

a pose from Diana,

before looking at the goodies on offer,

so much to enjoy, 

and of course, 

the girls just had to look at handbags,

oh! the agony of choice,

it was then time for the Christmas lights,

going away from Soho, 

popping into shops, 


and back out, 

for another look at the street's Christmas lights,

and there they are Kai and Diana, after Diana arrived home it was feet up for a Midsomer Murder and a Have I Got More News For You, I am only making one post today as Diana is on early shift but a short one, so she will call shortly after I post this and I will meet her on the bus and we will go to Bromley, and with that we were off to bed.


2 comments:

jpo5626 said...

Dear Stanley and Diana-
Funny, I can relate to your nick and bleed problem as I am on a daily statin Rx and it causes thinning of blood. Meanwhile I have an extremely heavy beard so must use a triple blade razor like you to mow down the whiskers. So. at times I also have various nicks from shaving that bleed. (The older I get the more wrinkles I get and seems harder to shave these without incident) Solution: go to Boot’s the Chemist and request a styptic pencil. This is a compressed tube of potassium alum that has a hard tip but shaped as a lipstick. Using the tip of the stick, you can effectively target the nick and the alum concentrate stops the bleeding. A slight sting-I hold the stick in place and roll it back and forth a little on the nick to deeply apply the alum—-BINGO—the bleeding stops. I let the nick sit for an hour to get a good clot, then wash off the white alum deposit that sealed the nick. I bet this will solve you bleeding issues from shaving at low cost as styptic pencil cost about $3 each and one lasts over a year. Happy shaving!
Regards
John and Alley

PattayaStan said...

Dear John and Alley, many thanks for the tip I have made a note of it and will buy a stick the next time I am in Boots, I have nicked myself, as you might expect many times before, all with no problems, but this one just refused to stop, again many thanks for the tip, best regards, Stan and Diana.