Thursday 23 November 2023

Red Sky At Night,

shepherds delight, 


red sky in the morning, shepherds warning, I think it goes, so we will see what the next few days weather will bring, first thing blog posted and I was off, to visit Duncan, but first a look in the garden,

at the mushrooms growing there,

there were quite a number, I wondered if they were good to eat?

anyway we have the mushrooms so where are the fairies?

into a slightly cloudy but bright day,

the bus steamed up as usual,

past Peter Pan's Pool, 

and the usual stop to change drivers at Catford bus garage,

Lewisham market open for business,

the florist just opening in Blackheath Village next to the station, and on to the train to Dartford where I have to change trains, 

out of the train on platform 3, just in time to watch the train to Gravesend disappear into the distance on platform 4, if only the train from London was just say 30 seconds earlier, 

anyway in the half hour wait it gave me some time to photograph the willow trees, 

at both ends of the lake next to the station,

but there was good news, Alan had called and he meet me at Gravesend station, so no waiting for the bus,

I just had to!

Duncan was pleased to see us, we chatted about the times the three of us spent together when they were both working near Rainham and I would pop down at the weekends for a drink and meal with them, so many memories, Alan dropped me off at the station and I waked straight onto the train which left in minutes, I also could also not believe my luck in Blackheath, as I neared the top of the stairs in the station I could hear the audio noise the pedestrian traffic lights makes, I was going to take a few photographs of the flowers and plants in the florists, but there was my number 54 bus waiting for me to cross the road! a quick few steps and and was stepping onto the bus, 

passing the flower garden opposite Lewisham hospital, all of the planting finished, 

all set to flower in a few months,

the Catford cat, could do with a lick of paint, but it is a great piece of fun for Catford,

today the bus stopped by one of the many bee gardens on top of bus shelters, it was not looking good,

in fact there were none of the original plants here, just weeds and in places moss now growing, 

this is the only one that seems to have survived with its original plants, it seems funds were not put in place to water the gardens regularly in the summer,

not so the garden in Foxgrove lodge, the owners a regular sight in the summer keeping it all watered, with the good connection of trains and buses I arrived home in record time, 

after Diana returned home from work, it was time for a read and a sherry, 

for tonight a Chinese chicken curry, prawns and broccoli with beansprouts and carrots accompanied with plain rice, 

time to start,

what a feast!

for dessert a Artic roll with fresh cream and raspberries, 

'Cheers!', we watched the usual BattleBots, which was great fun, next a couple of Midsomer Murders before Diana was off to bed another early start tomorrow, for myself a couple of documentaries, 

firstly War Factories, this episode dealing with the supply of munitions, 

which I followed with Bearing Sea Gold, a documentary about diving and dredging for gold in the Bearing sea centred around Nome in Alaska, after which I too was off to bed.


No comments: