Sunday 12 November 2023

My Chin Stopped Bleeding At Around 05.00AM

what a relief, 


Diana was already at work, what we had arraigned was that when she finished work and caught the bus home I would join her on the bus and we would got to Bromley, but, she was asked to work until the afternoon, which meant I had some free time, so another episode of the travels Neil and myself took in north west India, looking for new species of fish for the aquatic trade, here is part 17 above, but first I should mention that there will only be one post today, Sunday morning I will be out as soon as I post it, 

in it we travelled to Cherrapunjee

which in the rainy season is considered to have the highest recorded rainfall in the world, well I just had to have a pose!

at the top of the hill, what looks like a temple,

and a part of it is, but it is also a school,

the area has lots of vantage points, Neil takes the pose at this one, and surprisingly at one of them in the video Kit-Kats of all things are for sale,

in the rainy season water would be crashing down this rock face, 

known as the seven waterfalls, locally called Nohsngithiang Falls or Mawsmai Falls, situated close to the village, the Seven Sisters Falls, is the fourth highest waterfall in the country set in East Khasi Hills District of Meghalaya,

we also went to Mawsmai Cave, about 6 km from the main town, and more Kit-Kats!

into the cave,

and Neil was out again,

there are resorts,

fairly close by,

we made our way through the village,

passing the only waterfall in the dry season,

and guess who got in the way! in the video I zoomed into a village in the valley, no roads there, everything has to be brought in by foot, or bicycle, 

video finished I the decided to play with another infrared photograph, this out of the IR camera, from my visit to Highgate Cemetery,

colour swapped,

and then I started to play,

adding colours, 

until I thought this was nice, I should say IR photography is not to everyone's taste, but I like the effects, 

I changed the photograph into black & white,

and gave it a vintage look, 

I played with the colours some more until Diana called to say she was on the bus, 

then out of the park and onto the 354 to Bromley, the bus was so packed we could not sit together, 

but not to matter we were soon there, 

if this is Bromley's Christmas tree, I am not impressed, it is completely underwhelming to say the least, hopefully a real one will be arriving soon,

Diana went into Primark,

for myself I made my way along the High Street,

passing the balloon seller,

and hat stall,

I did stop to have a look at these candles, they were so finally detailed, it seems a shame to light them,

but here is the gentleman I came to see,

the chestnut man, 

he is here every year, it is always a pleasure to see him, 1 kilo in the bag,

and I was on my way as he started roasting some chestnuts,

next a stall I really enjoy looking at, selling crystals,

and more to my liking minerals and fossils,

like this huge trilobite, I would love to have one like this for my man attic!

and here I guess is the owner,

I passed the theatre we often go to,

and looked at one of the flower stalls,

the mini daffodils looking nice,

and then I was into the Christmas village,

anyone for a roast,

or a bratwurst?

so many stalls to choose from,

also there was a outdoor bar, a tad too chilly for myself, well it is November,

fudge and candy floss, a winning combination,

the bar looking like a chalet,

I moved further along,

passing Diana's favourite stall, doughnuts!

the nativity scene, 

was also here,

as well as some fun rides,

'roll up, roll up',

 all the fun of the fair! the rides were all here,

including the helter-skelter, I made my way back to meet Diana, we then took a 354 back to Copers Cope road, 

before walking into the park and home, where Diana took a few ZZZZZ's, well it was a early start for her this morning, next our evening meal, 

first a read and a sherry,

'Cheers!',

for tonight a huge plate with filet of pork and lashings of mushrooms, we decided to watch a film, so on to the sofas for our dessert, 

a doughnut for Diana,

a balanced dessert for myself, a red in one hand and a mini panettone in the other! the nick on my chin, now healing, thank goodness, then feet up for the night's film, one we had watched before but Diana asked to view it again, 

 Valkyrie a film staring Tom Criuse about the attempt to kill Hitler, as it turn out the film was quite close the the actual events but did not mention some of the other attempts leading up to it, there is also a documentary that I have watched about the attempt which did, also it had an extra where the man who's written Countdown to Valkyrie, the most recent work on the subject, Nigel Jones, interviewed the remaining members of the Stauffenberg family, who at first were opposed to Tom Cruise playing the role due to his religious beliefs, for the full true story of the man Claus von Stauffenberg and family behind the failed plot as told by his son grab a coffee and have a look here, as an aside the right to use key locations in Germany was nearly banned for the film, the cult known as the Church of Scientology, of which Tom Cruise is a high profile member is illegal in Germany, the fact that he was to star in the film outraged the federal government which initially threatened that it would refuse the right to film at some of the key surviving locations in Berlin, but then relented, after which it was on with ITVX for a Midsomer Murder, before we were off to bed.


No comments: