Tuesday 19 March 2013

Apostrophes Are Back!

it appears that Mid Devon Council might have a change of heart,


last week Mid Devon Council announced that to avoid confusion within the borough apostrophes would be banned from street signs, but now leader of the Council Peter Hare-Scott said, 'the convention not to use apostrophes when naming new streets has been in place since long before this administration took over, personally I’m not happy about using English that’s incorrect and don’t find this acceptable, we are reviewing the situation and I shall be recommending to Cabinet on 28 March that they amend the policy so that street names may indeed in future have apostrophes',


so much for my hope that there would be a nationwide ban on apostrophes, so I guess I will still have to keep getting them wrong!

No comments: