Wednesday 6 March 2013

Straight On To Todays Post,

as I am out early,


 our first stop was to see Slim Jim who we had not seen for some time and as we were in the area we then called into the Big C, we wanted to buy some oranges which for some reason Tesco Lotus and Friendship were out of stock of,

 whilst there I noticed this stall selling bits and pieces, what I was looking for was a small magnifying glass to take a closer look at some of my stamps and I found just what I was looking for,

 but as we were here once our shopping was done we just had to have an ice cream, well for Diana it was her breakfast!

 try as I might I could not get Diana to let me have her one,

 breakfast is served!

 whilst watering the plants this morning I noticed this one had a flower,

 or I should say inflorescence,

 the what appear to be flowers in one of the bromeliads still seem to be growing well too,

 this is the magnifying glass that I bought, just 299 baht, I tried it with a stamp and the magnification is just right for what I wanted,

 then glad rags on for our evening meal out,

 to Le Bordeaux, the reason we were out on a Tuesday is that the restaurant closes on a Wednesday,

 tonight we were accompanied by Mr. Tony,

 the restaurant is situated behind the TukCom Centre, on Soi Day Night 2 - 20/57 Moo10,

 as you walk inside you are greeted by a floral display and the wine chillier,

 not to mention a well stocked bar,

 the menu is huge both in selection and size,

 we were offered two amuse bouche each before the meal,

 I said the menu was large,

 first course, smoked salmon salad for Mr. Tony, prawns and salmon on a bed of lettuce and avocado for myself, 

 Diana tried the bacon and croûton salad,

 which she said was delicious,

 as was my salmon and prawns and Mr. Tony's salmon salad,

 Diana was playing with the camera as I was chatting to Mr. Tony,

 after a break our main courses arrived, a steak for Diana,

 beef bourguignon for Mr. Tony,

 I decided on the lamb chops,

 and delicious they were too,

'Cheers!', from all of us,

 next our desserts,

 a baked Alaska for myself,

 with a lighted liquor poured over it,

 whilst Diana and Mr. Tony went with the delight profiteroles, orange sorbet, hot chocolate au Grand Marnier,

 which they both enjoyed,

 immensely as I think they are a speciality of the house,

I should have mention as well as being flamed,

 the baked Alaska comes with a rich chocolate sauce,


 which just adds to the dessert experience,

 the meal was followed by some complementary chocolates, yet again another first rate meal from Le Bordeaux, a truly nice restaurant for an evening out with friends, throughly recommended,

 Diana looking as lovely as ever, after our meal we made a move back home,

to watch a DVD Mousehunt, a modern take on Laurel and Hardy by two brothers as they desperately try to outwit a mouse, great fun, then after saying our farewells to Mr. Tony we were off to bed.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Have passed it many times on my way into TukCom. How was the price? as the food looks good.

Daryle

PattayaStan said...

Dear Daryle, there are a few options for instance a set meal from 330 to 430 baht 2,3 or 4 courses,
http://www.bordeaux-restaurant-pattaya.com/essai1carte.html
or as you go with starters from 200ish and main courses from 250, it I guess it is a little more expensive than many restaurants but for us the price difference is more than compensated by how nice the place and service is, best regards, Stan and Diana.