Wednesday 5 September 2018

After Posting The Blog,

doing my exercises,


 and breakfast we were out, I dropped Diana off in town, and I then called into our lawyers, every year or so the UK pensions office drop me a letter that a lawyer has to fill in, to say I am still alive, so I will continue to receive my UK pension, 

next stop, the post office, to register the letter, 880 baht later and I was on my way to fill up with petrol and buy 24 bottles of soda water from the 7 - 11 on the way home, as an aside I have always heard that drinking water is good for you, so every morning I drink at least 3 bottles of soda, I just hope that helps,
Diana arrived home after I did, and we spent the afternoon watching Bargain Hunt, which we continued to do after our evening meal, 

our film for the evening was The Snowman, I am not sure what I was expecting, but after 10 or 12 minutes I gave up, but said nothing, Diana was determined to see it through, 5 minutes later she said, 'this is boring and makes no sense' which was a relief, so we both gave up on it, on to plan 'B',

Hidden Figures, a real gem of a movie, it traces the true story of the remarkable ladies and the team they were in that were used as human computers, before the first IBM computer was installed at NASA, this set against the growing ground swell of the human rights movement in America at the time, a real feel good movie, as an aside before presenting the award for Best Documentary Feature at The Oscars (2017), the film's stars, Taraji P. HensonOctavia Spencer and Janelle Monáe, introduced Henson's real life counterpart, 98 year old Katherine Johnson, to the stage, where she received a standing ovation from the audience. if you have the chance to see it do so, it is an eye opener as to the bigotry and hope of the times, and with the end of that we were of to bed.


No comments: