Sunday 23 June 2019

First Thing I Was Out Doing,

the weekly shopping,



 now that Diana is working I am the houseman, so I now keep the place tidy, I must try to figure out how the kettle, toaster, washing machine and hoover works, it all looks so simple watching Diana, back to today, after the weekly food shopping, next stop Kingfisheries, to pick up some RO water, arriving home it was a 25% water change, and what I thought was a thorough clean of the inside glass, I also tested the water for salinity with the refractometer I had, and a 5 part water quality test, all in all the results were fine,

this is the kit I used,

I should mention that 2 of the tests are a continual reaction, the results are apparent after 30 seconds, if you leave the time longer the results will continue to get darker which is why the top 2 are coloured, after 30 seconds they were both clear, but by the time I picked up the camera the results had already started to change colour, but what a neat kit, 5 parameters, pH, KH, GH, nitrate and nitrite tested in just 30 seconds,

when Diana arrived home from work we settled down to our evening meal, prawn cocktail for starters, and for a change I noticed these sunflowers, hopefully they will open over the next few days, when ever I think of sunflowers I always think of Doctor Zhivago, the scene where the petals of the sunflowers are falling,

 on to our main course, 

 the other half of the delicious steak pie we bought when we visited Sittingbourne,

 and followed all of that with strawberries and cream, 

 by now the filter had made a grand job of cleaning the water in the aquarium,

 I wish I could say the same about my glass cleaning, there were 3 or 4 patches that I had missed, so I will make a better job of it next week, and here they all are, we listen to music for most of the evening then one from Poirot and one from Game of Thrones and we were off to bed.


No comments: