Sunday 16 June 2019

I Am The First To Admit It,

my handwriting is truly awful,


so bad in fact I can not sometimes read what I have just written, really, it is not the pens that I use, it is just me, but here is a chap so talented at handwriting or I should say calligraphy, he can make beautiful letters using just a knife or fork!

Yazi Yolcusu, which apparently means “Text Traveler” in Turkish, is living proof that it’s not the tools that make the artist, but their skill. using only metal cutlery – a spoon to hold the ink and forks and knives as writing tools – the talented artist creates some of the most amazing calligraphy you will most probably see,

the way the Turkish calligrapher switches between the bottom and top prongs of a fork and uses all four of them to create a truly unique font is truly mesmerizing to watch,

the Bursa-based artist has become somewhat of a celebrity among calligraphy and penmanship enthusiasts, after videos of his beautiful fork calligraphy went viral on social media sites like Facebook and Reddit,

I have posted just a few videos of him at work above, but for more fork calligraphy masterpieces, check out Yazi Yolcusu’s official site, as well as his YouTube channel and Instagram, amazing!


No comments: