Saturday 1 June 2019

First Thing,

I was off to the hospital,


 to give a sample of blood, it was a walk in thing, just over 40 people in front of me, I must remember to bring a book if I am ever tested again, next stop Boots the chemist in the High Street, to pick up the prescription I dropped off last week, at that time I was told it wold be ready by mid this week, so I gave it another couple of days and called in Friday, today, but it had not arrived, the pharmacist called the surgery only to find that it had not yet even been signed, the good news was that despite not being signed the pharmacy would release my prescription,

 then past the church and to the station where I bought our train tickets for the Charles Dickens weekend at Rochester in Kent, way back in 2010 I went to the Dickens festival there when I was holidaying in the UK,

 I made my way back home for a lazy day, 

in the early evening we watched Fargo, we had watched the film before, this is what I wrote then, 

'although the titles say it is based on a true movie it is not, but two similar events depicted in the movie did take place, an urban legend even says that people have gone to search Minnesota for the briefcase of money, but what did happen was that the plot has elements of two well-known Minnesota crimes, in 1962, a St. Paul attorney named Eugene Thompson hired someone to kill his wife, Carol, the sloppiness and brutality of the crime attracted great attention, then in 1972, Virginia Piper, the wife of a wealthy Orono banker, was kidnapped, a million-dollar ransom was paid, one of the largest in U.S. history, Mrs. Piper was found tied to a tree in a state park, two men were convicted of the crime, but were acquitted after a re-trial, only $4,000 of the money was ever recovered, so that, supposedly is why people are still looking for the other $996,000!'

 in the evening I was out to meet Steve, the roses in the garden at the Gate House,

 were putting on a nice show,

 for the early part of the evening we sat outside over looking the cricket pitch,

 with the cricket season underway the nets were being used, after putting the world to rights, and saying goodbye to Steve,

 I was on my way home, 

passing some of the houses at the beginning of the park, then feet up, a couple of Game of Thrones and we were off to bed.


No comments: