Saturday 29 June 2019

Happy Birthday Diana!

tonight we will be out celebrating,


 back to this morning, I was off and drove to Currys/PC World, to pick up a mains cable for the upstairs computer, a HDMI cable to connect the television/monitor to the computer and a Blue tooth speaker, so I have some music when I am upstairs playing with my infrared photography, 

 next stop IKEA,

 we had planned to put the shoe rack in the wardrobe, but it looked so nice in the hall we left it there, so I called back to buy another one, also I wanted to buy some extension cables, to plug in all of the plugs associated with the computer,

 so shopping finished home I went, for some reason the local council has put double yellow lines along the road in the park, which was rather strange, I bought the flat in the park 40 or so years ago and lived there for several years before moving to Thailand, in all of that time plus the several months we have been living there now I have never seen any cars parked in all of this section of the park road, why? for the simple reason that if you parked a car here the road would be impassable, it may look wide but in fact it is not 2 cars wide, when meeting an oncoming car one driver has to pull slightly into a householders drive to let the oncoming car pass, so double yellow lines totally unneeded, still you know councils, money to burn, next upstairs and fire up the computer, well the sea voyage must have done it good as it all worked, I could not believe it! normally with anything electrical I am the most unlucky person around, but this all working has bucked the trend, I just hope the printer/scanner works when I plug that in the next time Diana is working and I go upstairs,

 in the evening glad rags on,

 and we were off of Bromley, I know I should not take pictures into the sun, but as the newly opened art deco cinema was opposite where we were going, I just had to,

 and this is where we are going, for a change a Chinese restaurant, the Sanxia in Bromley High Street,

 it was the first Chinese meal in a restaurant we have had for a long time, prawn crackers first, 

 for starters, chicken and sweetcorn soup,

 with prawns on sesame seed toast and some rather delicious salty, spicy pork ribs,

 a Chinese meal without a middle course of Peking duck? unthinkable!

 onto our main course, chicken in black bean sauce with peppers,

 special fried rice, which tasted a lot nicer than it looks in the photograph,

 and bean sprout chow mien, 

 so eyes down and tuck in,

 the meal was excellent, 

as was the decor, we both liked these slightly different Chinese lanterns, including service charge the meal came to £80.00, next for us the bus home, 

and a walk through the park, arriving home it was feet up for a very large Morgan's spiced rum, to accompany a couple of Game of Thrones, the countdown has now begun, to Diana's next birthday! and with that we were off to bed.


No comments: