Tuesday 27 August 2019

We Had A Quiet Morning,

then Diana went work,


so I decided to pop upstairs and spend the day playing with a few infrared images, these are the finished results, firstly one of Urquhart Castle

one from our room in Santorini,

the next few are from Chinatown,

it is a small village about 20 kilometers from where we lived in Thailand,

 near Huai Yai,

and for anyone wanting to visit here is the map,

 and a couple of the hut on stilts,

this was in the grounds of a temple complex, I know infrared photography is not to everyone's taste, but I like playing with the images, by now Diana would be calling soon, so downstairs I went, after picking her up from the bus stop,

 we settled down to Jumanji: Welcome to the Jungle, great fun for all,  

and then made a start on Geostorm, I say made a start, it was by now rapidly approaching 02.00AM, so after a half an hour or so we were off to bed.


3 comments:

Jil Wrinkle said...

Your infrared photography reminds me a lot of HDR photography. It seems similarly capable of brightening overly-shadowy spots and darkening overly-lit spots in an image to provide balance of lighting. Have you ever thought about doing some HDR photography as well?

PattayaStan said...

Dear Jil, I use the Nik Collection and there is an HDR package in it, also the cameras have an HDR setting which I have to admit I have not yet tried, I am still on steep learning curve with infrared! best regards,Stan and Diana.

Jil Wrinkle said...

If your camera has an HDR setting, then it might be capable of internal generation of HDR photos... so it could snap three or more photos at three or more different apertures and then blend them together into a single image right in the camera. You should learn to do the HDR, because it would be quite interesting to see side-by-side comparisons of the HDR to infrared images.