Saturday 21 March 2020

Black Paper,

with white and grey pencils,


 is all you need,

 to create stunning images like these,

 and a lot of artistic talent too,

 they are the works of London-based artist Zulf, photographs Zulf/Instagram,

 to achieve the magical, almost surreal effect, Zulf works on black paper, using white and grey pencils to draw the silhouettes, this creates the illusion of light being cast on certain parts of their bodies,

  “I take my time to find what I feel is the perfect reference for what I need. Sometimes, it can take me hours just to find one. Each piece I create can take me anywhere between 1 to 60 hours depending on details, although I try to keep it minimal as possible,” Zulf told Bored Panda,

 Zulf admitted that, like most of his artworks, he likes to keep an air of mystery about him, which is why he prefers to use his pseudonym rather than his real name. He did reveal that his is “shy of turning 50” and living in London with his wife and two children,

 “I’ve always loved art. As a youngster, I was part of a graffiti crew. I started creating back in the summer of 2013 after not doing any art for 20 years. My passion for drawing and painting keeps forever evolving and that’s what keeps me going,” the English artist said, 

they all look so deceptively simple to draw, but given a forest of paper and eons of time I could not get even near his work, it looks so simple but is so difficult.


No comments: