Wednesday 25 March 2020

I Do Not Like Window Shopping,

if I go shopping I know what I want,


I go to the the shop that sells it and buy it, job done go home, but, there are some shops I do stop and look at, one of these are art shops, where I marvel at the displays of oil and water paints, through to colored pencils, crayons and pastels, so it always amazes me when I see work like this,

 all photographs Samia Al Homsi Dagher/Instagram,

all of these sketches were made with nothing more than a humble BIC ballpoint pen,

 “Most of my sketches are made with a simple ballpoint pen, which everybody uses while writing. I sometimes start with a little doodle and end up with a complex piece of work that has lots of details,” Samia told Arab Ad, in a 2016 interview,

 apart from a degree in fine art, Samia Al Homsi Dagher also studied technology, getting a BS in computer science and an MA in software engineering from the Lebanese University,

 they all look just so good,

 some people are just so talented, when talent was being given out, I must have really been at the back of the queue!


No comments: