Friday 13 March 2020

I Have Often Heard,

of people lacking self confidence,


most seek, if they really need help, professional advice and counselling, but not so for Donnie Snider, a former forklift driver from Scarborough, in Canada’s Ontario region,   

 it all started when he asked his sister to tattoo a part of his leg and foot with a bright blue hue,

 he liked it so much that he kept on turning parts of his body blue, partly because of the psychological impact he experienced,

 before he felt  trapped by conformity and had a “lack of confidence”, the permanent makeover really gave him a big boost.

 “I was extremely miserable, I decided to quit hiding, break myself out of stagnation and remake my life” Snider recently said. “It’s like living life in strange-mode. It’s definitely striking, and I think it’s a beautiful color.”

 the 26-year-old admits that getting a job as a blue man is pretty tough, but makes it very clear that he is a hardworking Canadian who would “sooner eat out of a dumpster” than claim taxpayer assistance for unemployment. He is currently making and selling jewelry and documenting his adventures on Instagram. He lives in a “clapped-out transit bus”, but is very optimistic about the future, “I feel a renewed optimism about the feasibility of pursuing wild dreams,” he said.”I might become a trillionaire, or move to Mars. Or just carry on selling earrings and get my bus fixed up.”


Donnie says that his bizarre skin color gets all kinds of reactions from passers-by, from thumbs up and fist pumps, to people tugging at his clothes to see underneath and trying to rub off the paint with their thumbs, Snider admits that negative reactions are a part of his daily life as well, but says that he has learned to ignore them, as “most insults are unimaginative and predictable” to watch if his newfound confidence has in fact made him a trillionaire, you can keep track of this real-life smurf, and follow him on Instagram, @Trism_Driver, photographs Donnie Snider/Instagram, I hope all goes well for him, for myself with my lack of confidence, I will keep listening to the voices and continue with the medication.


No comments: