Thursday 1 February 2024

Exercises Finished, Showered And A Shave,

breakfast eaten, coffee drunk, blog posted, 


and I was out to visit Duncan, but first I should say this is another day of only one post, on Thursday I have a early morning appointment at the surgery, for a routine foot health check, more of that on Thursday, back to Wednesday, 

past Peter Pan's Pool,

grey skies, but at least it was not cold, 

rounding a bend in the road,

something was on fire, a police car came racing past the bus,

it looked a bit serious, 

but by the time the bus drove past it seemed like it was all over,

the bus was making good time, until it reached Catford bus garage, then a change of driver,

in Lewisham, the market up and running,

reaching Blackheath village, the florist not yet open, as the ticket office was open next door in the station, I bought all of next months tickets to visit Duncan, 

not many commuters this morning, or else a up train had just left,

no through train to Gravesend today, so a change at Dartford, but the good news was that,

at Gravesend station Alan was waiting to pick me up, 

well I just had to!

Duncan was pleased to see Alan, we chatted away, catching up on all that Alan had been up to, along with a few reminisces from Duncan, as Duncan's lunch was here we made a move, Alan kindly dropped me off at the station, where I retraced my steps, 

arriving in Blackheath village the florists now open,

I have not seen these here before, hellebores,

also on this side of the door some potted plants for the garden also,

on the other side of the door,

a good display of cut flowers,

the number 54 bus soon arrived and I was on my way,

past the flowerbeds opposite Lewisham hospital, planted with I guess primroses,

some more in the circular bed at the end of the garden,

I stayed on the bus and passed Foxgrove Lodge,

I had some shopping to do in Sainsbury's, some garibaldi biscuits for Duncan that he likes so much, and after reading a few articles some beetroot juice for myself, you may find this article about the juice of some interest,

the reason I stayed on the bus was to drop a letter I had to sign off here, 

where David will pick it up from his post box there, 

now on my way home, 

across the playing field, 

where it looks like the old pavilion needs some repairs to the roof,

the tennis ball sign changed to read 2024,

along the alleyway, 

and on my way home, after a couple of quiz shows it was time for my evening meal, 

I decided on a bottle of Belle France Bordeaux

after a sherry and a read,

Diana had bought me a meal to heat up, chicken in a Yorkshire pudding, but the curse of the kitchen was here this evening, the pudding stuck to the aluminium dish it was in, so a right kerfuffle trying to remove it, but I have to say it was very tasty, it just looked a mess!

'Cheers!', after my meal another instalment of BattleBots, followed by a Lewis, after which Diana arrived home, so a coffee and a chat, before we were of to bed.


No comments: