Wednesday 14 February 2024

I Am Only Making One Post Today,

as soon as I have posted it, 


I will be out to visit Duncan, back to Tuesday, Diana had already left for work as I was later out into a wet drizzly day, 

a bus into town and then past the florists, 

no mistaking what the day is tomorrow!

I thought these looked nice,

some dwarf iris in a pot, just 8 or 9 inches tall, I am so used to seeing the full sized ones in gardens and by fish ponds,  

but this was where I was headed my prescription is not due until next week, but I was running short of one medication, having telephoned the surgery it was agreed that I could call in and pick a few up, after what seemed and age, I was finally told 'none in stock', but all was not lost, I could call over the road to another pharmacy and pick them up there, but first, 

I called in here, no prizes for guessing what for! then back to pick up my tablets, which again for some reason took an age, as I left the pharmacy there it was, 

 my bus just having left the bus stop pulling up at the roundabout,
 
I walked to the stop, next bus 20 minutes or so, 

it was quicker to walk to the shop, so I did and dropped off some more printing Graham asked me to do,

onto a number 54 bus and back home, passing Foxgrove Lodge at the bottom of the railings,

I noticed this stand of daffodils looking nice,

also the appearance of a few crocuses, in both the right,

and left hand verges, 

but most of them were on the other side of the wire, 

in the waste ground next to the tennis courts,

arriving home I decided on a afternoon film, A Beautiful Mind, a enjoyable film loosely based on the real life story of John Forbes Nash, Jr.,

I followed that with The Devil-Ship Pirates, a film I remember watching as a 14 year old in the local flea pit, so I watched it again, a romp into merry 'ole England as Christopher Lee plays not Dracula but the captain of a Spanish ship, great fun to see it again, after which it was time for my evening meal and BattleBots, Diana returned from work a tad later and we settled down to watch,

Mystery Men, great fun as the characters developed during the film, so funny if you can suspend belief in the real world, we both enjoyed the film immensely after which we were both off to bed.


No comments: