Wednesday 7 February 2024

Blog Posted And I Was On My Way,

to visit Duncan,


I should mention I am only making one post today, it is Diana's day off, so first thing we will be meeting up with Steve and Kai for a day out, back to Wednesday, it was a cloudy day, but thankfully not too cold,

on to the number 54 bus, which was a tad steamed up,

looking towards Catford and Lewisham grey skies,

the bee hotel on one of the bus shelters looking a bit sorry for itself,

as usual the bus was making good time, until it reached the garage and a change of driver, plus a couple of transport police,

past Lewisham market,

I arrived in Blackheath Village, in the florists next to the station,

there was a nice display,

of cut flowers,

on the other side of the door,

lots of plants in pots like these cyclamen,

and daffodils,

into the station, as usual the train stopped short at Dartford, 

so a change of trains there,

arriving in Gravesend, more grey cloudy skies,

off of the 483 and up the hill,

to the nursing home where Duncan stays, 

whilst chatting away Duncan noticed a squirrel outside, luckily I had some peanuts on me, so the squirrel was a happy chappie, Duncan asked me to change television channels so he could watch PMs question time, we talked about the unelected PM of Great Britain, which was worth a laugh! when Duncan's lunch arrived we said our farewells and I made a move for the bus stop,

outside the weather had not improved, I caught the bus and train to Blackheath station, next onto the number 54 bus,

that passed the garden opposite Lewisham hospital,

at the far end of it the circular bed with a few small palms doing well,

passing the Green Man centre, in the distance this roof bee garden,

looked terrible, I guess it never recovered for last summers drought,

but the bee garden on top of this bus shelter, 

seems to have survived the worse and is recovering, this summer there may even be some bees attending it, 

off of the number 54 and home through the park, 

where it was feet up for a couple of quiz shows, and then a read and a sherry,

after which a Chinese curry that Diana who was now at work had made for me, I remembered to use the big plate!

'Cheers!', following that a BattleBots and a Outback Gold Hunters, before a Lewis, it finished just as Diana arrived home, so a coffee and a chat as we watched Have I Got A Bit More News For You, as we have a early start tomorrow, after that we were off to bed.


No comments: